Thursday 10 October 2013

Marina Bay Sands: Au Chocolat (Bistro)

Outfit Of The Day/OOTD 
Floral Blazer (Forever 21 Boutique)
Floral Oxford Shoes (Forever 21 Boutique)

 I finally met my good friend Nicea for gym and dinner! We went to Au Chocolat after a productive gym session at the Banyan Tree Fitness Club (Marina Bay Sands) :)
Au Chocolat is a French inspired concept store (Bistro & Confiserie) located at The Shoppes @ Marina Bay Sands. I love basking in a French ambience and the pastel colours make the whole bistro warm and cosy.

You can check out their menu: Au Chocolat Menu 
They serve traditional french flavors :)
Ambience: 

I've been to Au Chocolat at least thrice with my friends and here is a compilation of what we had ordered!

Truffle Fries
$15

The fries are seasoned with truffle sea salt and drizzled with white truffle oil! It is highly recommended by the staff and almost everyone ordered this! It is served with mayonnaise and BBQ sauce. If you're a chilli sauce lover like me, you can also ask the waitress for it :)

The fragrance of white truffle oil filled the whole bistro with love ♥

Au Chocolat King Breakfast
$26
Pan-fried chicken chipolata sausages // Crispy bacon // Smoked salmon // Black truffle scrambled eggs // Grilled tomato // Tater tots // Sliced avocado // Brioche bread with butter

As the name suggests, the King Breakfast is really heavy and we couldn't finish it. We thought that it's just average except the black truffle scrambled eggs that really captured my heart.

Beignets Delight
5 pcs for $15

Here are some warm donuts coated with icing sugar, fudge sauce and maple syrup! It's really sweet and fluffy and they melted in my mouth~~~ Though I think that it's way too over priced :/

Handmade Crepe (Savoury)
Creamy Chicken & Mushroom
$18
Chicken fillet // Sauteed mushrooms // Bacon // Garlic // Sour cream

Mushroom lovers would love this crepe! *Words can't describe how much I love mushrooms!* I don't like garlic but the garlic blended in so well with the sour cream that I didn't even notice it. I also love how they added some fresh cranberries into the salad :)

Roast Chicken
(half chicken served on bone)
$25

I think it was a bad idea to order this dish because we had truffle fries and we couldn't finish the sweet potato fries. The sweet potato fries were quite bland. I expected it to be sweeter. The portion was so huge that even my big stomach couldn't take in half of this half chicken :( The gravy wasn't too salty.

Homemade Garlic Herb Pesto Pasta with Prawns
Tiger prawns // homemade pesto // Chilli & Spring herbs
$25

Two words to describe this pesto pasta: BELOW AVERAGE
TOTALLY NOT WORTH THE PRICE -.-

Duck Confit
$27
Pan-roasted duck // Potato mash // White wine poached pear // Tangy chocolate orange sauce

It was my first time eating duck confit because I usually don't eat duck. This duck confit blew me away! It's soft and tender in the inside and crispy on the outside! *Drooling as I'm typing this*
What's disappointing was the tangy chocolate orange sauce. I know some chefs like to pair duck confit with orange sauce but I didn't like this chocolate orange sauce. I couldn't even describe the taste of this sauce but I felt like puking when I dipped my fork into it and first tasted it.

The baby carrots were sweet and the mashed potato was creamy or I would say, perfect :)

Au Chocolate (Bistro) @ Marina Bay Sands

Accessibility: ★★★★★ 
Food: ★★★★☆
Service: ★★★★☆
Value $$$: ★★★☆☆
Overall: ★★★★★

Average price/pax: $35 - $40

Bay Level L1-03 
The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands 2 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956 
 Au Chocolat (Bistro)
*It is located above the skating rink*
Tel: +65 6688 7227 
 Fax: +65 6688 7266

Dress Code
Smart Casual

 Opening Hours
Daily 10AM to 11PM (Last order at 10.30PM)

No comments:

Post a Comment