Wednesday 1 January 2014

Woobar @ W Hotel (Sentosa Cove)

I came across reviews about WOOBAR while googling "High Teas in Singapore" and thought that it's an interesting idea to have the savory delights served in a decorative bird cage :)

Since my mum and aunt had not been to Sentosa Cove before (it was only my 2nd time there), I brought them to WOOBAR for their high tea set :D

Outfit Of The Day/OOTD ★
Floral Dress (Forever 21)
Bejeweled Blazer (Forever 21)
Olivia Bag (Paul's Boutique)
SWDAISEY Thin Strap Sandals (Steve Madden)

Look at my eyes, 3 hours of sleep clearly isn't sufficient for me and not to mention I looked bloated after the high tea session.

Ambience: ★★★★☆
I chose the seats near the window so we could get a better view of the marina and hotel pool.


Though there weren't many customers, it is advisable to make a reservation as there are limited seats.

There were only 3 of us but the hostess recommended 2 sets (for 4 persons) but at the end of the high tea session, I felt that a set would be enough for us. I even had to take away some pastries home because we couldn't finish it :(



It was Christmas so they had some savory delights specially made for this season! ❄

Angel Cupcakes, Chocolate Log Cakes, Fruit Mince Pies

I wouldn't say that the mince pies and chocolate log cakes were impressive but I do like the angel cupcakes though I believe that we can bake it ourselves.



The highlight would be the three-tier exquisite silver decorative bird cage~

Top tier

I was expecting macarons to be on the top tier but they replaced it with star and crescent shaped hazelnut & cinnamon cookies for Christmas! Though I would prefer macarons to hazelnut & cinnamon cookies.....


Middle tier
Vanilla Cream Slice 
Crisp Pastry

Cranberry Scones
Strawberry Curd & Clotted Cream

The crisp pastry was one of my favourite though it's tad sweet. Nothing goes wrong with vanilla :) I like their plain cranberry scones paired with strawberry curd! I was never a fan of cream so I didn't pair it with the whipped clotted cream.

Lowest tier
Rich Baked Gruyere Tart 
Thyme Tomato Jelly

Foie Gras Ganache Tart 
Pot Wine, Gold Leaf

Toasted Bread
Drizzled with Olive Oil

Baked Ham Sandwich

For this tier, I like the baked gruyere tart, baked ham sandwich and toasted bread. For the gruyere tart, the cheese goes well with the tomato jelly. And who doesn't like ham sandwich?

I didn't like the foie gras ganache tart as the taste was too strong. Nevertheless, this tart deserves a solo picture  because I thought it's pretty with my favourite color GOLD :) 

The chef himself made the tuna tartare!

A complimentary drink from WOOBAR
If I'm not wrong, there's a mixture of oolong tea and passionfruit syrup~




Any recommendations for high tea? I love high tea  because it makes me relaxed and happy. Just sitting down with my loved ones and enjoying every moment.

My mum didn't want to take pictures with me because she said she didn't put on make up.
With my 3rd aunt :)


WOOBAR @ W Hotel (Sentosa Cove) 
Accessibility: ★★☆☆☆
Food: ★★★☆☆ 
Service: ★★★★☆
Value $$$: ★★☆☆☆ 
Overall: ★★★☆☆ 

Per cage/2 persons: SGD $58++ (Weekday) & SGD $68++ (Weekend)

21 Ocean Way · Singapore, 098374 Singapore
Website: http://www.wsingaporesentosacove.com/en/woobar
Tel: +65 6808 7258

Dress Code
Smart Casual

 Opening Hours 
1500 to 1700 (High Tea)

No comments:

Post a Comment