Orange Chiffon Cake ♥︎
As my dad mentioned that the twix oreo cheesecake I made was too sweet, I cut down the sugar by half for this orange chiffon cake. I am working towards a healthier choice! :)
8 eggs (small)
100g white sugar
A pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of orange sponge gel
70g orange juice
1 1/2 tablespoon of orange zest
100g all purpose flour
3 tablespoon milk powder
100g hot & melted butter
1. Crack 5 small eggs into a bowl. For the other 3 eggs, throw away the egg whites and use only the egg yolks.
2. Using a mixer at high speed, mix the egg, sugar, salt and sponge gel. Mix until fluffy!
Put aside your mixer (you do not need it for the following steps)
3. Pour in orange juice and orange zest and mix with big spoon.
4. Sift flour and pour it in slowly. At the same time, pour in 3 tablespoons of milk powder. Mix with big spoon.
5. Pour in hot and melted butter. Mix with big spoon.
6. Pour everything into the pan and put in the oven for 15 minutes - 20 minutes.
From step 3 onwards, DO NOT use a mixer.
Orange zest is very important as it adds more fragrance to the cake :)
This recipe is not taken from the internet.
Have a wonderful day :)